12 Reasons To Join Sevier County Schools FCU
1. Better rates of return on savings – We provide higher interest rates on basic savings (share)
accounts so that your money works harder. Compare our rates and fees to your bank and you’ll see the Credit Union Difference!
2. Loan rates are lower – Our rates are typically lower than other local banks and credit unions.
3. You are the No. 1 priority, not profits – A bank’s top priority is making profits for stockholders. Credit unions are not-for-profit organizations. At the credit union, you’re much more than just an account number. You are a member. We know our members and can often greet them by name. That’s a huge difference from megabanks, where you literally are only one of a million customers.
4. No summer payments – As long as you are employed by the Sevier County Board of Education, you do not have to make payments on any of your loans with the credit union in July and August!
5. Convenient to our members – The credit union makes it easy to save for summer, vacation, Christmas, etc. with our free payroll deduction. Loan payments are payroll deducted so that you don’t have to worry about writing a check. If you need money from your account, you can easily pick up a
check or we will be happy to mail it to you!
6. Low minimum balance – You only have to keep $5.00 in your account for credit union membership.
7. You have a voice in your credit union’s operations – As a member-owner of the credit union, you are entitled to vote on credit union business and elect new board members. You can also serve on your credit union’s volunteer board or one of its committees.
8. Your money is protected – Accounts are insured by the U.S. government. Credit union accounts are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, just as the
FDIC insures bank deposits up to $250,000.
9. Personal, Friendly Service – At Sevier County Schools Federal Credit Union, you can pick up
the phone and know who you’re talking to (and we know you too!). We are here to provide one-on-
one attention to all of our members and answer any questions that they may have. Our primary goal
is to make sure all your needs are met.
10. We can help you make better financial choices – Whether it’s buying a car or building an emergency fund, you can turn to us for the facts to make wise choices. Part of the credit union philosophy is ensuring that members understand their options. Unlike financial predators who try to fool customers into thinking there’s only one choice, we show members the gamut of choices available to them.
11. We offer scholarships to children of credit union members – If you are a member of the credit union, your high school senior may be eligible for a $4,000 scholarship. The credit union gives
away four scholarships per year. One winner is selected from each high school
12. Once a member, always a member – As long as you keep the $5.00 minimum balance in your account, you will always be a member of the credit union, even if you change jobs.